- abortion (so long as no one is picking my pocket to fund THEIR abortion procedure, good luck with that…or not….really do not care about YOUR offspring or lack thereof)
- gun control (good luck with gun confiscation – the horse left that barn a long time ago – deep down, Uncle Sam already knows this to be true but puts on airs of concern because a certain segment of the citizenry is cool with living in one big Kumbaya singin’, Starbucks sippin’, skinny jeans wearin’ “gun free zone”)
- equal rights (slavery ended more than 100 years ago, blacks represent what? 13% of the total population and we have a black president, attorney general, etc. – get over it, case closed, pull up your pants and grow up already)
- gay rights (keep your business to yourself and I really do not care what you cram up your ass or down your throat while singing the national anthem under a rainbow flag)
- taxes (overreach hard and long enough and every politician under the sun will become reacquainted with the phrase “When push comes to shove, Americans vote their pocketbook”)
- the war on terror (pfffftttt….see the above statement about overreach)
- democratizing/intervening in the middle-east (first – see overreach. second – I have had it up to here with that region of the world – it is an area that is overwhelmed with people in love with suicide and war over idiotic feuds. The next time they threaten to metaphorically “take a bunch of pills and down them with several shots of vodka and dramatically end it all”, I say we metaphorically “hand them a plastic bag to put over their heads just at the point that they are ready to pass out” so that this time, they finally do the job right and die the suicidal death that they seem to so desperately want.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Is Corruption and Fraud Our New Normal?
I’ve read the Rachel Dollar Mortgage Fraud Blog for more than a few years now. I invite you to read the archives… The “playas” in the mortgage fraud arena come from all walks of life, all socioeconomic backgrounds, various ages, etc. Some were scammers defrauding the banks, some were insiders within the banks scamming the buyers, some were developers ripping off their customers AND simultaneously ripping off gullible bankers, in some cases it was scammers doing the reverse double duty and ripping off both the banks that employed them and those who were their customers….
I did not vote. I am a firm believer in the Churchill statement “The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter”. I am a believer in playing the cards that fate hands you and doing the best you can with what comes your way. We have more than enough “voters” in the US of A to make it unclear that we will remain an actual Republic. (see Benjamin Franklin’s quote “A Republic, if you can keep it” - seems to me that would require some self-restraint and self control - then look around at your fellow "citizen") I do hope the rickety, hulking contraption hangs in there for at least another 40 years or until I kick off but I’m not exactly optimistic.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day
will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." America
- Norman Thomas (a fucking
Princeton educated Presbyterian theologian from the 1920’s and Socialist party candidate for President)
At his 80’th birthday – “Thomas' 80th birthday in 1964 was marked by a well-publicized gala at the Hotel Astor Manhattan. At the event Thomas called for a cease-fire in
and read birthday telegrams from Hubert Humphrey, Earl Warren, & MLK, Jr. He also received a check for $17,500 in donations from supporters. "It won't last long," he said of the check, "because every organization I'm connected with is going bankrupt.” Kenny Bing comment – so, after 80 years of strolling the planet, did you reach a moment of clarity about your Socialist positions when you uttered those words you ridiculous Kumbaya singing old fuck? Vietnam
I have one “hopey/changey” where the second Obama administration is concerned. Now that he no longer has to worry about re-election and/or burning those who helped him get elected / re-elected, I hope that the second term administration begins to seriously turn up the heat on prosecutions. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.
I don’t give a rat’s ass about:
…and many other features of the American landscape (war on drugs - pfftttt) that hold the attention of many….
Just go after the fraud, the corruption, the double dealing and start purging this society of the rottenness that has taken hold over the past 15 years or so and I will be a happy camper. I am channeling the spirit of Robert Kennedy toward you Barry and Eric – just steer clear of any fellows named “Sirhan”.
Yours truly - Smug Bastard