- abortion (so long as no one is picking my pocket to fund THEIR abortion procedure, good luck with that…or not….really do not care about YOUR offspring or lack thereof)
- gun control (good luck with gun confiscation – the horse left that barn a long time ago – deep down, Uncle Sam already knows this to be true but puts on airs of concern because a certain segment of the citizenry is cool with living in one big Kumbaya singin’, Starbucks sippin’, skinny jeans wearin’ “gun free zone”)
- equal rights (slavery ended more than 100 years ago, blacks represent what? 13% of the total population and we have a black president, attorney general, etc. – get over it, case closed, pull up your pants and grow up already)
- gay rights (keep your business to yourself and I really do not care what you cram up your ass or down your throat while singing the national anthem under a rainbow flag)
- taxes (overreach hard and long enough and every politician under the sun will become reacquainted with the phrase “When push comes to shove, Americans vote their pocketbook”)
- the war on terror (pfffftttt….see the above statement about overreach)
- democratizing/intervening in the middle-east (first – see overreach. second – I have had it up to here with that region of the world – it is an area that is overwhelmed with people in love with suicide and war over idiotic feuds. The next time they threaten to metaphorically “take a bunch of pills and down them with several shots of vodka and dramatically end it all”, I say we metaphorically “hand them a plastic bag to put over their heads just at the point that they are ready to pass out” so that this time, they finally do the job right and die the suicidal death that they seem to so desperately want.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Wow....no shit.....just two minutes to pinch a loaf, huh? Slavedrivers!!!
- Raise them yourself or with the assistance of your close family members and stop relying upon your neighbors' tax dollars or your state's misguided notions about robbing Peter in order to pay Paul.
- Stop looking to the nanny state to help you warehouse your offspring while you work...or party.....or go into fantastic student loan debt so you can attend Le Cordon Bleu school of cooking with the dream of becoming a glorified fry "chef" working the all you can eat buffet at a local gambling casino.
If Joe Stalin or Mao ran a daycare for toddlers, he would love this arrangement.
What is a monthly co-payment?
Friday, January 18, 2013
Good movie. Saw it with a girlfriend and one of the Bing'ettes during a previous life when I was still a Daddy. When Enron went bust, UBS acquired some of the bits and pieces .... and, apparently, some if not all of the ethics.
“UBS manipulated one of the cornerstone interest rates in our global financial system,”
UBS Japan LIBOR manipulation.
"Donna Lange, a 50-year-old Everett woman, was jailed Saturday after she allegedly smothered her boyfriend to death with her breasts."
Shoddy reporting...it does not tell the reader if it was a single wide or a double wide. If it was a single wide, they were riff raff. Double wide - just run of the mill rednecks (like yours truly).
Thursday, January 17, 2013
"So no matter what he says to Oprah, be skeptical. It is easy to say you want to forgive someone. But in this case, it's dangerous."
Lance Armstrong - proving that death by cancer is not always a bad thing...sort of a "colon cleanse" for humanity.
Each team was held in the locker rooms longer than normal after the game as tensions ran high in the gym, witnesses said. "
"It was unclear what the fight was about. Nothing outside ordinary bumps and physical contact appeared to have happened during the game between the two school, which are located on Vincennes Avenue about 30 blocks apart."
Unclear on how this chaos breaks out, huh?
Let your old Uncle Kenny explain. Fights and talking smack have long been part of sport. The difference is the current culture compared to the culture of the past, ass wipes. If "bustin' a cap in yo' azz fo' dissin' me" was common practice, Conrad Dobler would have been in a grave a long time ago.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
'Stand closer to the rhino' results in grave wound
Friday, January 11, 2013
"And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith."
I don't know how Cain killed his brother Abel in a jealous rage but I'm guessing he had a sharp stick, a "caveman AR 15" (assault rock) or something of the sort....
From Huffington Post
"The group was Jihad. All Hamid knew is that they had answers to the religious questions no one else had ever been able to answer for him.
"And I joined," says Hamid. "Within six months Jihad had changed a very innocent child who wanted to play soccer and listen to music into someone who was ready to kill anyone."
According to Hamid, the brainwashing begins immediately and within the religious context of the prayer service. "
We are quick to call others brainwashed by their cultures into committing senseless murder but we don't take a hard look at our own culture to see how it might be brainwashing our own youth into committing senseless murder... instead we look at the weaponry used and figure we can make a difference there. Good luck with that.
|Did your paycheck just do a "back to the future" on you?|
Thursday, January 10, 2013
They trot down to the Fed and deposit the special coin(s), redeeming that amount of US notes and voila. It is a overt monetization, but the platinum coin adds a novel touch, and a bit of shiny misdirection.
Now it's your old Uncle Kenny's turn... it is like this kids - let's say that you have a serious shortfall in your paycheck and really, really need some extra cash - like yesterday - to cover bills that are coming up SOON. Now, your old Uncle Kenny who moonlights as a magician doing kid's birthday parties and Bar/Bat Mitzvah's comes up to you and says "No problem kid. Last night while you were sleeping, I crept into your room and magically shoved up your ass a platinum coin worth one TRILLION dollars. It's in there RIGHT NOW. All you gotta do is shove your own fist up your own ass and retrieve the coin and all your problems are solved! You want a glove and lube for the job or you just gonna "go commando" on this one?"
#1 10 Months: Manufacturing activity in both France and Germany has contracted for 10 months in a row.
#2 11.8 Percent: The unemployment rate in the eurozone has now risen to 11.8 percent – a brand new all-time high.
#3 17 Months: In November, Italy experienced the sharpest decline in retail sales that it had experienced in 17 months.
#4 20 Months: Manufacturing activity in Spain has contracted for 20 months in a row.
#5 20 Percent: It is estimated that bad loans now make up approximately 20 percent of all domestic loans in the Greek banking system at this point.
#6 22 Percent: A whopping 22 percent of the entire population of Ireland lives in jobless households.
#7 26 Percent: The unemployment rate in Greece is now 26 percent. A year ago it was only 18.9 percent.
#8 26.6 Percent: The unemployment rate in Spain has risen to an astounding 26.6 percent.
#9 27.0 Percent: The unemployment rate for workers under the age of 25 in Cyprus. Back in 2008, this number was well below 10 percent.
#10 28 Percent: Sales of French-made vehicles in November were down 28 percent compared to a year earlier.
#11 36 Percent: Today, the poverty rate in Greece is 36 percent. Back in 2009 it was only about 20 percent.
#12 37.1 Percent: The unemployment rate for workers under the age of 25 in Italy – a brand new all-time high.
#13 44 Percent: An astounding 44 percent of the entire population of Bulgaria is facing “severe material deprivation”.
#14 56.5 Percent: The unemployment rate for workers under the age of 25 in Spain – a brand new all-time high.
#15 57.6 Percent: The unemployment rate for workers under the age of 25 in Greece – a brand new all-time high.
#16 60 Percent: Citigroup is projecting that there is a 60 percent probability that Greece will leave the eurozone within the next 12 to 18 months.
#17 70 Percent: It has been reported that some homes in Spain are being sold at a 70% discount from where they were at during the peak of the housing bubble back in 2006. At this point there areapproximately 2 million unsold homes in Spain.
#18 200 Percent: The debt to GDP ratio in Greece is rapidly approaching 200 percent.
#19 1997: According to the Committee of French Automobile Producers, 2012 was the worst year for the French automobile industry since 1997.
#20 2 Million: Back in 2005, the French auto industry produced about 3.5 million vehicles. In 2012, that number dropped to about 2 million vehicles.
See my post below about the "real for the moment" but "vapor-like and vanishing like a fog in the breaking morning sunshine" profits earned by American corporations that depend upon favorable currency exchanges - what happens across the pond will have an effect within the US.
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."
- Malcolm X
So happy, I think I'm gonna bust out a pair of parachute pants....
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
"Many U.S. corporations derive 50%-65% of their revenues overseas."
"As the dollar weakened, global corporate profits skyrocketed as earnings in euros, yen, etc. rose when stated in dollars. In other words, overseas profits expand as if by magic when stated in dollars.
When the euro and the dollar were 1-to-1 back in the early 2000s, then 100 euros of profit converted to $100 when stated in dollars. When the euro rose to $1.60, then the same 100 euros of profit earned by the U.S. corporation in Europe converted to a stupendous $160 in profit when stated in dollars. This explains why the Fed has been so keen to trash the dollar: it magically increases corporate profits and thus drives stocks higher. The mainstream financial media's explanation for the weak-dollar policy is that the Fed is anxious to increase exports, but this is a sideshow; exports make up less than 9% of the U.S. GDP. The real action is in corporate profits, which thanks to the weak dollar are near all-time highs of $2 trillion, about 14% of the nation's entire GDP."
hmmm....US corporations have long enjoyed
- the stability and protections of locating within the US
- the cheap and abundant labor force of "brown/yellow countries"
- and the manipulation/mushrooming of profits by way of the US dollar being the reserve currency of planet earth
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
By my definition, I suspect that the "middle class" is smaller than most people think. I think that if you total up the credits and debits of many families thought to be "middle class" you would find that they are in fact "workin' for the man" (more or less). Sure, they have many of the trappings of modern suburban life and by most worldly standards lead a pretty cushy life where material things are concerned. But in return, they must resolve themselves to climbing upon "the giant hamster wheel" to maintain their "social place" and belongings. I would imagine it would become quite mind numbing over time. Each day, they become another day older and deeper in debt...mostly by their own action or inaction or inability to say "no" to themselves or marketing firms or advertisements or peer pressure or all of the aforementioned.
I have to confess being a long time reader of grouchy old "get off my lawn" doom and gloomer, James Howard Kunstler... but you have to admit that he makes some valid points.
Friday, January 4, 2013
|What, me worry?|
from Zero Hedge
Yep, I know that there was a 300 point rally in the stock market, Barry went back to Christmas vacation in Hawaii and all sides breathed a sigh of relief to have averted the "fiscal cliff" but count on your old Uncle Kenny to piss on your parade...if you are going to come here, wear a rain jacket.